- One paper accepted by NSDI 2019!
- Check out our battery-free smart fabrics technology WiSh about creating shape-aware surfaces for VR and IoT Infrastructure.
- Demo of RFWear wins the Honorable Mention Award in ACM UbiComp 2018.
Pushing the Range Limits of Commercial Passive RFIDs
Today’s commercial passive RFIDs report ranges of 5-15 meters at best. This reveals blind spots for RFIDs to be detected in warehouses, stores (Amazon Go) and factories today. We achieve a 7.4x improvement in range over state-of-the-art commercial RFID systems without modifying the RFID tags.
WiSh: Towards a Wireless Shape-aware World using Passive RFIDs
WiSh gives ordinary objects shape-awareness, relaying their geometry by combining wireless sensing with graphics. It opens up novel applications: clothing that can detect a user’s posture, or even bridges that report their structural health.
Monitoring a Person’s Heart Rate and Respiratory Rate on a Shared Bed Using Geophones
Heartbeat and respiration signals from multiple people received by geophones merge together. We build 3D characteristic model for each person relying on their spatical signatures.
RetroShape: Leveraging Rear-Surface Shape Displays for 2.5D Interaction on Smartwatches
A tactile feedback system to enhance the user experience with a method unique to the smartwatch form factor, allowing the visual scene on screen to extend into 2.5D physical space.
- Daily Pittsburgh: enjoy life in my lab.
- Beijing At 6 AM : random snapshots during my four-year college life.
CMU Collaborative Innovation Center
- Cube D3, 4th floor
4720 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213