- One paper got accepted in UbiComp 2020.
- Two papers got accepted in MobiCom 2019.
- Check out PushID which achieves 8x improvement in the communcation range of RFID systems.
- Check out our battery-free smart fabrics WiSh and our demo of RFWear which won the Best Demo Honorable Mention in UbiComp 2018.
- ACM UbiComp 2020, Cancun, Mexico
Pushing the Range Limits of Commercial Passive RFIDs
Today’s commercial passive RFIDs report ranges of 5-10 meters at best. This reveals blind zones for RFIDs to be detected in warehouses, stores and factories today. We present PushID which achieves an 8x improvement in range over commercial RFID systems.
WiSh: Towards a Wireless Shape-aware World using Passive RFIDs
WiSh gives ordinary objects shape-awareness, relaying their geometry by combining wireless sensing with graphics. It opens up novel applications: clothing that can detect a user’s posture, or even bridges that report their structural health.
Monitoring a Person’s Heart Rate and Respiratory Rate on a Shared Bed Using Geophones
Heartbeat and respiration signals from multiple people received by geophones merge together. We build 3D characteristic model for each person relying on their spatical signatures.
RetroShape: Leveraging Rear-Surface Shape Displays for 2.5D Interaction on Smartwatches
A tactile feedback system to enhance the user experience with a method unique to the smartwatch form factor, allowing the visual scene on screen to extend into 2.5D physical space.
CMU Collaborative Innovation Center
- Cube D3, 4th floor
4720 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213